Thursday, May 10, 2012

My monthly comic pulls

I have managed to get my monthly reading list down to a manageable size. I buy exclusively through DCBS now, because I'm an asshole who isn't supporting my local shop. My pull list is pretty shrunken, so there's really no excuse for not just buying weekly at the shop. Perhaps I will have a change of heart soon.

Currently reading religiously:

Wolverine and The X-Men
Uncanny X-Force
X-Factor
X-Men Legacy
Daredevil
Animal Man
Swamp Thing
Sweet Tooth
The Unwritten
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Saga

Reading digitally or in trade:
Chew
Batman

Reading off-and-on or about to drop:
Frankenstein: Agent of SHADE
The Flash
Amazing Spider-Man

Letting my subscription lapse:
Avengers
The Mighty Thor
Invincible Iron Man

About to start collecting:
Atomic Robo

I'm kind of annoyed that my initial enthusiast about the New 52 books waned after about 6 issues. Guest artists or rushed issues killed Batwoman and Frankenstein for me, and although I love the art in Flash, the story is what's starting to get boring for me. I picked up several Batman issues once the price dropped on them digitally, so it would screw with my OCD to start collecting them in print. What I have been doing is taking advantage of the many sales that run on Comixology. So far I've bought Essex County for 4.99, Infinite Kung Fu for 5.99, Chew Vol 3, 4, and 5 for 4.99 each and the six-issue run of Iron Man Extremis for .99 an issue. The trade deals are fantastic. That Essex County book is over 500 pages and it was less than $5. That's less than a penny a page for Jeff Lemire. Good buy in my feeble mind.

The way I buy comics is changing, and it's getting tougher to make those choices when I have to cut something. Let me know when Greg Land is at least 6 issues removed from Uncanny X-Men and I'll go back to buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment