Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wolverine and The X-Men #17 - Doop Translations

Luckily, my wife picked up the X-Statix Omnibus awhile back in which I read cover-to-cover. It was like Rosetta Stone for Doop speak. So here's your Wolverine y Los X-Manos #17 translations:

Cover
Doop:          "If you think this is ridiculous, wait'll you see what happens on the inside."
Wolverine:  "You said it, bub."

Page 5
Wolverine:   "What do you say, Doop? Are ypu ready top be and X-Man?"
Doop:           "I think I'm good right where I'm at. Too bad you didn't ask back when being an X-Man still meant something."
Wolverine:   "Very funny, but I'm not leaving until you say yes."
Doop:           "Quit yourself."

Page 7
Wolverine:    "I'll give you full medical and dental. You get to set your own hours. You'll answer only to me."
Doop:            "Hmm...I'm thinking about it."
Doop:            "We'll talk more after you're done."
Wolverine:    "Fine. But if you don't say yes after this, to hell with you."
Wolverine:     "My name is James, and this is my impression of Cyclops...with six-inch claws stabbed into his face."
Doop:             "Okay. You win. I'm yours."

Page 9
ALERT!
Doop:             "Wha..!?"

Page 10
Nazi Bowler:  "Splendid. Ready your balls fpr destruction, my brothers!"
Doop:             "You can say that again!"

Page 11
Nazi Bowler:  "You dare! You dare steal the ball of a fourth reich thursday night intramural league champion! return it at once, you green-skinned monstrosity!"
Doop:              "If you insist."

Page 15
Howard the Duck:  "We've been in some tough spots before, pal, but never anything like this. What do you think we oughtta do?"
Doop:              "Kill them all, or die trying."

Page 17
Sabretooth:    "Damn it, you green lump of snot. Are you even listening to me?!"
Doop:             " I am now."

Hope that helps! I loved this issue and hope we get to see more Wolverine and Doop adventures, but only penciled by Mike Allred. This has inspired me to create a Doop font set.

No comments:

Post a Comment