Sunday, March 20, 2011

The sad, sad times for Marvel

Malibu Comics was such a crap label. What was marvel thinking?
I re-alphabetized my collection today and am ashamed that I have Malibu comics. I haven't read any of them. The covers suck too much. I've tried, but the art is such crap and the characters are so bloody generic.

What are these outfits? Who are these freaks? Is the name of this superhero team The Primary Color Squadron? How about The Useless Accessories Defenders? Wait, I've got more! Team: Uninspired Origins, or Three Dudes, a Chick, a Twerp with a Ponytail and Some Blue Sludge. What about Shithouse?

I'm usually against bitching about a comic without giving adequate reasons for hating it, but the cover just defies explanation for it's craptitude.

Back in 94', I was honestly psyched when I heard that the Juggernaut was going to have a lead role in a comic. Then I saw what was happening with Malibu and literally stopped collecting comics. This shitacular cover is the reason I've had to hunt down hundreds of back issues in the last two years. It literally made me stop caring. My dopamine receptors jumped ship and I couldn't feel happiness for the next 15 years.
This comic is why there's cancer.

1 comment:

  1. Thank God only few of these made it to my country.
    Malibu outings are really awful and you nailed it in the head!

    ReplyDelete