Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sucker Punch - Plot or Panties?

Panties. Definitely panties.

It's not a comic movie, but it has it is as much about X-Men as the last 4 X-Men movies I've seen have been.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the fight scenes in this movie were conceptualized prior to a story being inserted.

"Hey guys! I just had this dream about this totally awesome fight scene that spans from samurai warriors to clockwork nazis to dragon slaying to robot fighting all in one movie with really amazing well thought out choreography. We can just apply a story on top and let it trickle down through the cracks."

That is exactly how I feel about this movie. It was a fight scene that needed a story.

Plotless live-action anime. Complete with plenty of upskirt action. That's about it. I was really expecting a tentacle monster to show up and rape everyone.


I will point out that the CGI is excellent. Like watching Advent Children if you put boobs on Cloud. I remember when bullet-time was exciting. Now only motion sickness impresses me. We could get rid of the green-screen and omit the actors and just pay an animator and a sound guy to make movies. It's not like they paid anyone to write a script. This essentially reads as an extended stick-fighting flash movie on Newgrounds.

A feast for the eyes and a fast for the mind.

They were really trying to channel David Carradine for the Wise Man in this movie.
 "This is me at my most masochistic,"

I give this movie one one hocked Hanzo sword up for action, and two naughty tentacles down for lack of any identifiable plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment