Sunday, February 26, 2012

CBM Oscars


The Oscars bore the shit out of me because all I see are comic book movies and they don't make it to the awards very often. So I'm gonna have a beer and do my own Oscars for best of all time. I know I'm going to piss people off, but you can't please everyone. As Lewis Black says "This is my opinion. Some people may disagree with me, and they're wrong". Let's see who wins the Golden Surfer statues!

Best actor playing a super-hero nominees:
Patrick Stewart - Professor Xavier
Christopher Reeves - Superman/Clark Kent
Michael Keaton - Batman/Bruce Wayne
Alan Cumming - Nightcrawler/Kurt Wagner
Christian Bale - Batman/Bruce Wayne
Michael Chiklis - Ben Grimm/The Thing
Robert Downey Jr. - Tony Stark/Iron Man
Kelsey Grammer - Hank McCoy/Beast
Ron Perlman - Hellboy
Carla Gugino - Sally Jupiter/The Silk Spectre
Winner: Robert Downey Jr 
Sorry, Batman. Tony Stark is fresher in my mind, so this perfect casting that brought CBMs back from the dead for me wins it.

Best actor playing an antihero nominees:
Brandon Lee - Erik Draven/ The Crow
Vincent Perez - Ashe Corven/ The Crow
Jackie Earle Haley - Rorschach
Jeffrey Dean Morgan - The Comedian
Michael Fassbender- Eric Lensherr/Magneto
Edward Norton - Bruce Banner
Winner: Michael Fassbender
I'm trying to pay tribute to living actors, but Brandon Lee put up a hell of a performance as Eric Draven. Fassbender just so well as a good man who was put through something that ruined his idea of humanity. Well done.

Best actor playing a villain nominees:
Jack Nicholson - The Joker
Heath Ledger - The Joker
Willem Defoe - Norman Osborn/Green Goblin
Alfred Molina - Dr. Otto Octavius/Doc Ock
Gene Hackman - Lex Luthor
Ian McKellan - Magneto
Hugo Weaving - Johann Shmidt/The Red Skull
Tom Hiddleston - Loki
Winner: Heath Ledger
I feel bad for Tom Hiddleston, because he makes a great Loki, and maybe my opinion will change once I see Avengers, but Ledger's Joker beats everything I've seen thus far.

Best comic book movie:
Batman
The Dark Knight
X2
Captain America: The First Avenger
Iron Man
The Crow
Watchmen
Hellboy
Winner: The Dark Knight
This movie was amazing in a time when CBMs are really starting to become more impressive. I'm excited to see the final chapter this year.

Well, dinner's ready, so that's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. Good idea!
    My picks for you nominations would be:
    Best hero - Christopher Reeve
    Best antihreo - Michael Fassbender
    Best villain - Willem Defoe
    Best movie - X2

    IMO some omissions on the nominations include Blade (the first one), Kick-Ass, Spider-Man, Sin City and The Mask, among others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't prepare. It was another post that I started without really thinking about.

    ReplyDelete