Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fucking bitter salad...

I fucking hate tablets. I'm trying to decide which device would suit my digital comic needs the best and I am losing all of my hair trying to decipher the pro/con bullshit. Before you start, I know an iPad would be the best choice, but it's outside of my price range. I'm looking for something in the $200 range that I can read comics on and maybe play some Angry Birds. I want a garden where the comics grow and I don't go broke trying to read them. There is no fence in this garden. If I want a tree that blooms both Comixology and Graphicly apps, then my garden had better be fertile enough to grow it. I don't want bugs in my garden eating up my comic reading experience. I am going back and forth between two different gardens because I'm making a salad. A fucking comic book salad! I'm making a salad and I don't have enough lettuce to get a garden that is nice enough to support every app and function that I like on my salad.

See? This is why I hate digital comics! They make my brain seize up and I end up rattling off comic related salad metaphors!

...

...

......ok. I think it's all out of my system.

As someone who hasn't really figured out this digital comic thing, deciding between a Nook Color and a Kindle Fire is becoming an overwhelming endeavor. I like the Fire because I can run Comixology on it, but I hear that the Fire is buggy. I hear the Nook is less buggy, but you are restricted to the apps that can be bought through Barnes & Noble. Then I also heard about this Idolpad Tablet that is only $100 and has everything I need, but that seems too good to be true. Also, the iPad 3 is coming soon, which means the iPad 2 will be dropping in price, but it's still twice the price of the Kindle or Nook. Then I start doubting that going digital is for me. I've always thought that, but I considered biting the bullet and giving it a try. I fear change. I will always buy print for certain comics, but I don't know what route to take.

Does anyone have suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment