Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Treasure!

My wife's grandmother sent me a flat rate box that was full of old comics. This is awesome. In it were an assortment of silver age comics from various publishers. A few noteworthy inclusions were a batch of Classics Illustrated, some Treasure Chest comics, a few Archie, Donald Duck, Road Runner, etc. Basically what the kids read in the late 60's. Some were missing covers, and they were all pretty yellow. Basically the kind of wear to be expected from a box of comics sitting in the attic of a house in southern Louisiana for several decades. In any case, I was thrilled just that she thought of me when she found them and was kind enough to send them to me. I'm really happy to have them and will be reading every one of them.

As I was inspecting them, I noticed that the condition of them was improving as I dug deeper into the box. No doubt they had sat, undisturbed, for years, so the ones on top took the brunt of the moisture and age. To my surprise, I found these two comics at the very bottom of the stack.



























Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos #125 and Detective Comics #351. This makes an already awesome acquisition even awesomer. Thanks Mimi!

This Fury comic is so racist. It's hilarious! Look at the teeth on these Viet Cong!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, congrats man! I wish I had an awesome gradmother like that! That sounds like one sweet score there!

    ReplyDelete