Sunday, April 15, 2012

Locke and Key show???

This is a terrible idea. I hate it. This story is not for live action and never should be butchered in such a way.
I've caught upon Locke & Key as of today, and am anxiously awaiting the final issue of the Clockworks story arc. It has been the most unique and wonderful comics experience in recent memory. Possibly the best comic I've ever read. I'll pretend I didn't hear a rumor that Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez are concluding this masterwork and starting a project at Marvel. I would go on a completely different rant if I startedtalking about that. Instead, I just want to express my disdain for the idea that you would want to disservice this brilliant series with a live action TV adaption. Remember the Silent Hill movie? I do. I hated it, because I loved the first few games so much. I felt that sad feeling that I felt for that movie whileI was watching this trailer. Nobody looks right. The house does not look like the iconic, colonial house from the book. I just can't see this working. The biggest concern is the fact that I was expecting it to be animated. Gabriel Rodriguez' artwork is so perfect for this story, that I can't see it in any other visual medium than he has presented it. In any case, Fox, in it's infinite wisdom, has scrapped this show, but I hear that MTV has expressed interest. Well, MTV, take a hint from your own playbook and present it like the MAXX show from the 90's. Directly ripped from the comic and beautifully animated.

 This show was awesome. It was exactly what the fans of The Maxx wanted in a show about an awesome comic. The comic, but in motion. Not that crap motion comic garbage that Marvel has been making, that look more like fan-made flash movies. This is how comics should be made into shows. Hell, this is how comics should be made into movies. Take Rodriguez' artwork, make it move, and add sounds and voices. Done. Joe Hill won an Eisner for this book, don't make a mockery of it with this show. Do it right. I know you won't listen, powers that be. I also know that IDW and the creators of this comic probably have no influence after the option was sold to a television network. I love your books, and I hope this doesn't ruin it for people who haven't read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment