Sunday, February 6, 2011

Casting Call - Bishop

Dhani Jones as Lucas Bishop.




















I caught a few episodes of "Dhani Tackles the Globe" on the Travel Channel a few months back, and I thought it was an interesting show. If you haven't seen it, let me explain the premise. Take a linebacker and place him into a sport that he has more-than-likely never heard of, let alone played. I'm not talking water polo, either. I'm talking sports in other countries that people probably get killed in.
He gets flown to Thailand, for instance, and observes a Muay Thai match, and has to train for a week to understand the culture and take part in the sport. Now, Dhani Jones is a giant of a man, but I can imagine feeling intimidated by the prospect of getting the shit kicked-boxed out of you, even by an amateur.
He had to wrestle in Switzerland. play Jai alai in Spain,  and cycle with Italians. Oh, and I stand corrected about the water polo thing. He did that in Croatia.
What I'm trying to say is that he is used to getting knocked around and can be resourceful when presented with almost any contingency. Like Bishop. Bishop is constantly traveling through time and having to adjust to any given situation.
Sorry, I keep having to stop writing this post and watch Super Bowl commercials, so I'm having trouble concentrating.
I suddenly want a Bud Lite and some Doritos. Also, a Chevy. A Pepsi Max, too.
Anyway, this guy is huge, and looks like Bishop. Except he smiles too much, and is dressed like Beast in this picture.
Doritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment