Friday, October 7, 2011

Comic Book Day! (belated) - What a haul!

Action Comics #2
Anticipation:  6/10
I didn't pick up the first issue, so I'm out of luck. But I've heard enough about it to warrant checking it out. Looking foward to it because it's something new and I'm having sadness about the end of the new #1's.






Animal Man #2
Anticipation: 10/10
Fuck yeah. I can't wait. The first one was so enjoyable. I can't wait to see where this story is going.
Journey Into Mystery #628
Anticipation: 7/10
Journey has been really great and I love what Gillen is doing with Loki. The only reason this is not a higher anticipation score is soley due to the name Portacio on the cover. I would rather see Greg Land draw Loki with moneyshot mouth and huge ridiculous boy tits than look at Whilce Portacio's crappy art.
 FF #9
Anticipation: 7/10
I've really liked this series and I'm getting a taste of the Marvel Cosmic that I have been afraid to venture into. I just want to see more Doom and Blackagar Boltagon.
 X-Men: Schism #5
Anticipation: 9/10
I have missed #2-4, so I'm considering not reading this till I catch up, but I know what's going on, and I've read the Generation Hope tie-ins. I just want to see Wolverine and Cyclops beat the shit out of each other and break up.
 Swamp Thing #2
Anticipation: 10/10
See Animal Man #2 speech. Same thing here.
 X-Men Legacy #256
Anticipation: 4/10
I have a subscription for this. I worked for years to complete my back issues of X-Men Volume 2, and I'm not going to let it lapse. I just don't care for what's going on or the art. I am generally bored by any Shi'ar stories and I don't care for Havok, Polaris or Rachel Summers. Rogue has really been played out for me, too. I'm looking forward to something fresh with Regenesis, but I know better than to get my hopes up.
 Venom #7
Anticipation 9/10
I have heard nothing but praise for this series and haven't read any of it yet. I started with #7 because I'm assuming 1-6 will eventually be available in trade. I ove what Rick Remender is doing on X-Force, and I'm looking forward to checking this out. The cover's badass, too.





Sweet Tooth #26
Anticipation: 7/10
I have only read the first trade of Sweet Tooth, so I will probably wait to read this until I catch up. Jeff Lemire hasn't done me wrong yet, so I'm excited to get caught up with Gus.

No comments:

Post a Comment