Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Comic Book Day! - Sans comics

Ok, so I'm broke and didn't actually pick up my books today, but these are the ones I had pulled.

Batwoman #2
Anticipation:      7/10
I liked the first issue solely for the art, but I may have to read it again since I was a little overwhelmed by the layouts in it. I'm hoping that this story makes sense to me as I read more. I feel as though I am joining the game late, even though this is a relaunch. This is the only book that I've picked up of the New 52 that I've had any sort of 'had to be there' feeling from. I am new to reading the DC universe proper, so I was hoping to avoid the feeling of needing to read back issues. In any case, the art is what sates me.







Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E. #2
Anticipation: 9/10
Another case of picking up the first issue and having a ball. This is very much a Hellboy analogue, and I enjoy it. The art's good.  The writing is interesting. Jeff Lemire is on a role right now. It's a fresh read and helps me get away from my X-Men corner. Looking forword to it.










 The Unwritten #30
Anticipation: 9/10
The only reason this isn't a 10/10 for anticipation, is because I know I have 17 back issues to read before I can read this. Much like Sweet Tooth, I didn't read The Unwritten until the issues numbered over 20. I need to pick up the 3rd and 4th trades, and then I will get to read this. As much as I want to, I can't spoil this for myself.








X-Men: Regenesis #1
Anticipation: 8/10
I'm excited to see some actual reasons for who is going and who is staying and why. Other than that, it's really just me wasting money on another X-men book. I'm not happy about the renumbering of Uncanny, and I'm annoyed that my subscription is probably going to get screwed up because of it. Why is Uncanny getting renumbered and none of the other X-titles are? Why no X-Factor/New Mutants/Adjectiveless X-Men/X-Force/Legacy/Hope #1? I know why. It's because renumbering comic books is stupid and aggravating. That Juggernaut helmet on Colossus is the dumbest looking thing I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment