Sunday, September 11, 2011

DC reboot bandwagon lag

I'm gonna put it out there. I will be reading a few of the new 52. I've just been falling behind a bit because I have decided to be a douche and stop buying my comics locally and start buying them online once a month to save money.

I'll likely buy Batgirl, Detective, Batwoman, Animal Man, and Swamp Thing. Those are really all I'm interested in. I have never read any of these prior to the reboot, but I feel like I might be headed in a good direction for some excellent reading, just based on creators that have been recommended to me.

I would like to know where Power Girl is, DC. I find it hard to believe that sales for this title weren't good enough to warrant a new #1 for this reboot.

3 comments:

  1. Power Girl? Who or what is that? Damned DC...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her series got better as time went on (less comical), but they never really seemed to develop her personality, supporting characters, etc. very well. Still, it survived for more than two years, which can be quite a feat in today's comic world.

    Maybe they moved her back to Earth-2. I read something about a new JSA comic coming out in the future, which will be set on Earth-2. Yes, multiple earths are apparently coming back. Flashpoint must have reset the entire universe, pre-Crisis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh! Maybe DC is going to have another reboot in a few months.

    ReplyDelete