Monday, September 12, 2011

Wolverine anime after 5 minutes


This anime would be cool if I weren't being pissed at how Wolverine looked.

I'm five minutes into the first episode and can't go on because Logan looks like he's dressed to go rumble with The Sharks in West Side Story. He looks ridiculous, so let us ridicule him.

Ha Ha Ha.

The Wolverine in the new X-Men anime is completely different. He's way closer to the real deal. It's Cyclops I can't stand in that one. Wolverine is spot-on. He's a burly little bastard with not a single ounce of finesse.

This Wolverine seems much more appropriate. Storm's a little lame. Cyclops is a whiny wuss. Beast is perfect as the scientist, but fails to capture the sense of humor that Hank has. The only one that is really done well is Wolverine. So really, this is the real Wolverine anime to watch.

I have watched all 12 subbed episodes of the X-Men anime, and the story is kind of ridiculous. There's nothing like 3 straight episodes of gasping and grunting and exclaiming that they have to do something or the bad guy will destroy the world, but nonetheless standing in the same cool pose for an hour of screen time to remind you that you are watching an anime.

I guess I should just be happy that I get to watch different takes on my favorite comics, but I'm an elitist fanboy prick and I am entitled to call something crap if I feel inclined.

Wolverine should be drinking Molson, dammit.

I give the X-Men anime one pair of oversized Storm boobies up and one secondary mutation down.

I give the Wolverine anime one Shark and one Jet both down.

1 comment:

  1. 100% agreed. About the same time mark I see Wolverine on screen, laugh, and stop the show XD

    ReplyDelete