Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Teen Titans #1 - A bowl of suck sauce

I've been so inundated with good comics, that I've forgotten how beautiful it is to have a handful of crap to bitch about. Finally DC! I knew you'd come through.

"Darn, I was really hoping to clock a few skulls together."

It's dialogue like this that makes me want to kill myself for not pursuing a career writing comics. This book is full of this drivel. I heard that Superboy was good, but I'll never know, because if I have to read another book by Scott Lobdell after this one, I will scratch my eyes out. How about a book about a superhero that cleverly escapes a secret organization that has a witty acronym for a name and seeks out other would-be targets to join him in confronting this organization? This is the really special part - they're all teens!!!

Terrific.

Brett Booth's art looks like Youngblood ate Gen 13 and vomited up Freak Force. That's all I have to say about that.

This whole thing reeks of the 90's and Dan Didio's night emissions.

I hate this comic.
I give Teen Titans #1 one of Kid Flash's smoldering costumes down, and a foot up the ass of Scott Lobdell.

DC Score:
4 good/ 1 terrible

On to Superman.


5 comments:

  1. You should always be writing about something that sucks, because it's hilarious, and your insults are stinging and dead-on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I haven't read the new Teen Titans #1 yet, but I was skeptical after hearing about it and seeing the cover. How very, very sad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My anticipation for this book was zero, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It hasn't gotten better. Issue #1's cover gave me hope that we'd at least see Cassie, Conner, and Tim together, but Conner still hasn't really appeared, and Cassie is working on her own. Disappointing. I may be pick up this series again in a few years when they've exhausted all the reboot stories and it looks almost exactly like it used to look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the problem with renumbering every title. They all hit the same notes at the same time, and it really stands out when the book underperforms compared to all the rest.

    ReplyDelete