Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hello my name is Greg, and I'm a glutton for punishment.

I forgot to give myself an introduction.

I'm Greg. I like cooking, eating, drawing, painting, playing Castlevania, reading comics, and complaining about them. I was watching Julie & Julia the other night and I decided that I need a vent for my fumes. Like most bloggers, I feel more creative when I have something to bitch about. I read Marvel comics, so I have a lot to bitch about. I'm a nice guy, but I'm funnier when I'm rude and abrasive. So, in an effort to make your day a little more entertaining, I will forgo all pleasantries and be a prick.

I'm 28 and I live with my wife of 2.5 years and our two cats, Olive and Angus. I'm a cat person. I don't hate dogs. I feel the same way about dogs as old people probably feel about their grandchildren; great for a few minutes, but you can have them back when they need to eat or poop.

I love to cook and I'm one of those annoying Food Network people. I love to eat and sometimes wish I was overweight so I could get more credit for how good I am at eating.

I draw. I've been drawing for 26 of my 28 years. I loath every moment that I'm not drawing, which happens to be most moments since I have severe attention deficits. I feel that when I'm not drawing, I'm getting worse at drawing, I have a few arts up on my Facebook if you want to peek. Don't hate.

You know how you wanted to be something when you were eight, but later in life you have to laugh at your child self for wanting to be that? Well, I wanted to be a comic book artist for Uncanny X-Men when I was eight, and I still do. Why haven't I? I dunno, I'll get back to you on that.

I hate more X-men books than I love. That's because I love X-Men and hate seeing characters misrepresented in their own books. I hate it when continuity is ignored for the sake of sales and I hate poorly drawn artwork because there's just no excuse for it. That's why I complain, in hopes that someone in charge will listen.

So I'll be here, complaining about comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment