Thursday, December 30, 2010

More(or less) than meets the eye

What can I say? I'm a late bloomer. I have just now watched Transformers. Let me also say that the only thing I remember about Transformers form my childhood is my 10 pound Optimus Prime figure that was made from real metal and, if dropped in the right manner, could cleanly severe a toe. Ah, the good old days, when a toy was allowed to be dangerous.

Anyway, the movie was ok. The fan service was present and I loved it when the OP nailed the 'more than meets the eye' catchphrase. What I didn't like about this movie is that it seemed so disjointed. It seemed like it was more randomly placed footage mixed in with an over-abundance of extremely hard-to-follow action scenes. There is just so much CG moving at once, that it all looks like Megatron brushing his teeth with a bag of puppies. Pseudo-Fail in my book. I know I will catch hell for this, but I just really couldn't get into it.


A bag of puppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment