Thursday, December 2, 2010

Uncanny #530 - Sorry, I'm team Edward

I was going to critique Uncanny #530, but something came up.

Yes, this is a Twilight post, and yes, I've read the books. Simply needed to know what the big deal was. Plus, I read an article that made reference to similarities to X-Men that Twilight was, apparently, inspired by. I think that was a joke now.

My wife and I just had a hypothetical about hypothermia. As it turns out, if my body was granite and ice-cold, my wife would probably still love me. She would prefer that I were a big furry animal that was constantly running a brain-boiling 108 degrees. Now, it all started with a commercial for the new Kristen Stewart masterpiece, and she had to remind me that she's team Jacob solely because he is warm and fluffy. Now, being the comic book guy that I am, I like the immortality, and invincibility, and overall super-heroness of vampires.
Now, my wife is a wee little thing. Always cold. In fact, we have the heat and the fireplace on, and she's under a heavy blanket at the moment. So asked her if she'd still love me if I was cold and stone-like, but otherwise the same person. 

That's when that probably word happened.

So I guilted her into saying she didn't mean it. BUT STILL.

So, Uncanny #530
Matt Fraction is great, as usual.
Greg Land pisses me off, but less than usual.
Story is finally getting back on track from where it left off before everything was put on hold for Second Coming, which is nice.
Utopia is in pandemic from Sublime's mutant flu, HX-N1(get it?).
That's all.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Cover your cough people.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying "Uncanny X-Men," but quickly dropped the new "X-Men" series as soon as I picked it up. Vampires? C'mon. I'm vampired out. And, like you said with your Wolverine post, how many adventures can these folks be going on at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind the vampires so much. What I haven't really been enjoying is the fallout of Second Coming. I just don't like Hope very much.
    Of all the adventures Wolverine and his clones have been having these past few months, I actually like the new X-book the most. I don't read Avenger books though.

    ReplyDelete